How to Pay it Forward
As the Holiday's approach, I think it's natural that we practice gratitude and count our blessings from the past 10 months. It's also a time of year where we want to give back to our communities and the people around us. I thought it would be fun to compile a list of some simple ways to pay it forward to our friends, family, acquaintances, colleagues & strangers! Most of these ideas are easy & low cost making it easier to do nice things for others more often. These are also great ideas to implement all year long, not just at the Holidays. Gratitude is an important part of self-love & mindfulness that should be practiced all year long!
- Bring your neighbor's garbage can in
- Bring in coffee or hot cocoa to your office or team
- Add extra time to someone's expiring parking meter
- Create Ziploc care packages & keep them in your car to give to homeless people (fast food gift cards, granola bars, toothbrush/toothpaste, water, socks, hats & gloves).
- Send a handwritten note to a friend/loved one; just because!
- Buy $50-$100 in gift cards in $5-$10 increments and hand them out at random
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru
- Send a glass of champagne anonymously to a table whose celebrating something
- Tip 100% for truly excellent service
- If a friend/family member comments on something they love, write it down, & buy it for them randomly
We'd love to hear some of your ideas! Share with us how you're planning to pay it forward this season.